The UK Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) has developed a Marine Renewable Energy Knowledge Exchange Programme that provides a wealth of valuable and well-organized information. On the existing (and ever-developing) programme portal, you will find:
- An events calendar, which relays information on marine renewable energy events.
- A funding page that highlights all funding opportunities that could be relevant to people in the sector. When new items are added, alerts will be tweeted, so follow @MREKEP on Twitter. The programme can also directly fund certain small projects and internships.
- Literature – papers, reports and more. There is a huge library of links – it is searchable and growing! Anyone can submit entries to be added to this collection by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images – It can be tough to source relevant pictures for work such as web content. The site is working to build up a collection that anyone can use as long as they credit the photographer. Feel free to add to it.
- Research – There is also the beginning of a database of ongoing research in the field.
The NERC MREKEP portal is really excellent. Take a minute to check out the site: